The Capital Projects Division manages key construction projects for the City of Kansas City, Mo. Public Works Department. Capital Projects staff are at the forefront of Kansas City’s construction renaissance, bringing process improvements and standardized practices to the management of street, bridge and building projects throughout the City. Personnel include project managers; construction inspectors; right-of-way, relocation and utility specialists; and finance and administrative professionals.
Contact Capital Projects414 E. 12th Street, 18th floor
Kansas City, MO 64104
Phone: (816) 513-2739
Fax: (816) 513-2523
Guinotte Avenue Sinkhole RepairsAmenities:
- Under Construction - KCMO Capital Projects (Public Works)
A large sinkhole formed in early June at Guinotte Avenue and Shelly St. in the East Bottoms. The cause of the sinkhole was in part due to heavy rains and saturated ground levels, in addition to the failure of several pressurized utility lines. Currently, the utility companies involved in the repair are managing the work, permitted by the Public Works Department. Contact information for the various utilities is listed below.
Businesses are open during construction.
This is a multiple utility repair.
Current schedule (weather permitting):
- Veolia & KCP&L: completed
- KC Water completed by December 6, 2019
- Spire completed by January 10, 2019
- Sinkhole restored by January 27, 2020
Other specific details:
- Work is completed.
- Work is completed.
- Spire is currently obtaining Right-of-Way acquisition and complete paperwork for easements
- Spire submitted the plan for gas line relocation to Water Services for review on 9/6/19
- KC Water:
- Permitting has been turned over to KC Water's contractors as of 11/5
- The water main will be designed in house and repaired by a contractor
- Replacement of the sewer main is approximately 60 linear feet of 18-inch diameter pipe
- Road reconstruction will take approximately a week after the utility repairs are completed.
- Weekly utility coordination meetings started on 7/30/19
Due to weather delays, we now anticipate the repairs to be completed in approximately early 2020, weather permitting.
Heather Frierson, Media Relations Coordinator
Water Services Department– Kansas City, Mo.
Phone: (816) 513-0280
John Mink, Communications Manager
Phone: (816) 472-3769
KCMO Public Works
Maggie Green, Public Information Officer
Public Works Department– Kansas City, Mo.
Phone: (816) 513-2612