Beardsley Road Bridge RepairsCategories:
- Under Construction - KCMO Capital Projects (Public Works)
Beardsley Road is located east of West Bottoms and runs next to I-35. This design would repair the damage to the bridge at Beardsley road and 12th Street caused by a fire in 2018.
Repair work includes:
- Repair and replace street lights on the bridge
- Structural repair to the bridge
- Deck repair to the bridge surface
- Placing a large riprap beneath the entire bridge
- Pedestrian fencing on both sides
- Stabilize the slope on Beardsley Road
Beardsley Road is currently closed to traffic due to structural damage of the bridge and roadway and during construction. The roadway is anticipated to be reopened when repair work is complete in spring 2020, weather permitting.
Current status: Notice to Proceed for construction was issued on October 14, 2019.
General project timeline: Construction started in fall 2019 and is anticipated to be completed in spring 2020, weather permitting.
Athena Huynh, Project Manager
Public Works Department— City of Kansas City, Missouri
Maggie Green, Public Information Officer
Public Works Department– Kansas City, Mo.
Phone: (816) 513-2612
Project Number: 89005585