N Brighton Street Improvements SouthCategories:
- Under Construction - KCMO Capital Projects (Public Works)
North Brighton Street is located just east of Gladstone. The one-mile long project begins at NE 58th Street and runs north to just past Pleasant Valley Road.
Roadway improvements include:
- Widening the 2-lane roadway to 4-lanes with a divided median island
- Bike lanes
- Flattening hills and valleys
- Addition of new curbs and gutters
- A new enclosed storm sewer system
- Water line replacement
- New street lighting
- Landscaping (street trees) and pedestrian rest areas
This project will break ground mid-September, there are no impacts to traffic at this time.
Current status: Construction is anticipated to begin mid-September.
General project timeline: Construction started in fall 2019 and the expected project completion is fall 2021. The projected construction phasing timeline is below. This schedule is subject to change and weather permitting.
- Phase 1: early fall 2019- end of 2019
- Phase 2: early 2020- end of 2020
- Phase 3: late 2020-late fall 2021
City staff, design engineers, and the contractor held a public meeting on September 12, 2019 to review the project plans, construction schedule and phasing, and traffic impacts. Over 100 people attended the meeting!
City leaders and project representatives kicked off construction work at a ceremonial groundbreaking event on September 19, 2019.
Kim Pemberton, Project Manager
Public Works Department— KCMO
Phone: (816) 513-2741
Maggie Green, Public Information Officer
Public Works Department– Kansas City, Mo.
Phone: (816) 513-2612