Neighborhoods and Housing Services modifies operations due to COVID-19 pandemic
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 20, 2020
In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, the City’s Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department is making several changes in an effort to protect citizens and employees.
Here are the modifications listed by division:
- Effective immediately, the Housing Division is closing its second floor offices at 4400 Blue Parkway to the public and suspending in-home inspections until further notice. Beginning Monday, March 23, a lock box will be placed on the first floor of 4400 for customers to leave paperwork and invoices. Independent contractors, working for the housing division, can suspend their current operations if they feel at-risk without penalty.
- The Neighborhood Preservation Division, also located on the second floor of 4400 Blue Parkway, is conducting field inspections only and suspending in-person and face-to-face contact with citizens until further notice. Contractors are encouraged to submit bids via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions concerning bids and/or contracts can be directed to Deirdre McClain at (816) 513-8431.
- The Land Bank, located on the first floor of 4400 Blue Parkway, has suspended office visits and placed property showings and compliance inspections on hold until further notice. Those interested in Land Bank properties or with questions are urged to go to the Land Bank website and click on the ‘Contact Us’ tab or call Land Bank at (816) 513-9020.
- Animal Health and Public Safety, 2534 Prospect Ave., will continue responding to citizen calls, but will practice social distancing onsite. The office, however, will be closed so those requesting access to public records are urged to use the online form at www.kcmo.gov .
- Regulated Industries, located inside the Century Towers building at 635 Woodland, is changing its hours of operation to noon to 4:30 p.m. effective Friday, March 20, 2020. Phones will be answered from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tow Services and Solid Waste Services are continuing business as usual, but continuing to emphasize social distancing and enhanced cleaning/sanitation procedures. Neighborhood clean-ups have been temporarily suspended.
For more information, media can contact Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department Communications/Community Liaison John Baccala at (816) 520-6646.