The City Auditor’s Office produces performance audits and other reports to provide the Mayor, City Council, management, and the public with independent analysis, evaluation, and recommendations regarding the performance of the city's:
- $1.7 billion budget
- 20 departments
- 6900 employees
- Wide ranging program and activities
Find out more about how our office operates.
Submit Audit Ideas
The City Auditor wants to hear your ideas and suggestions to improve the City of Kansas City, MO government. Please submit your audit ideas to our office.
Current Audit Plan for the Year
Read our annual audit plan to find out what performance audits we are planning to conduct in fiscal year 2021 as well as how we select audits.
Summary of last year's audit reports
Read the annual report to learn more about our audits, activities, and performance during fiscal year 2019.
Last year our audit impacts included:
- $5 million identified in potential direct financial impacts
- $183 million in public monies or assets protected
Monitoring past audit recommendations
This monitoring report summarizes the implementation status of 232 audit recommendations issued by the City Auditor’s Office between fiscal years 2015 and 2019.
Over these five years our audits have:
- 67% implementation rate reported by management
- $24.6 million in direct financial impact
- $415.9 million in potential indirect financial impact