November 3, 2020 Election:
An ordinance to include a ballot question on local control of the Kansas City Police Department on the November election ballot was introduced by Mayor Quinton Lucas on June 25. The proposed ballot question would read as follows:
Shall the City of Kansas City, Missouri establish as a City legislative priority in the Missouri General Assembly the pursuit of a state legislative or referendum action that will return Mayor and City Council-led local control to the Kansas City Police Department rather than the current control of the Kansas City Police Department by a committee comprised of four members appointed by the Governor of Missouri and an additional position held by the Mayor of Kansas City?
Sample ballots and polling information are available from the election authorities that run the elections:
- Kansas City Election Board (for the portion of the city in Jackson County)
- Platte County Election Board
- Clay County Election Board
- Cass County Election Board
- Find your polling location at the Missouri Secretary of State site.
- More information about elections can be found at the Kansas City Board of Election Commissioners site.
- You can find your district, trash day and other information with the City's map app.
Review information about the infrastructure proposal (now branded GO KC) that was approved by voters on April 4, 2017.