The Office of Economic Development works in partnership with a variety of other economic development and civic groups. Learn more about the various organizations we work with below.
- Missouri Department of Economic Development: The Missouri Department of Economic Development handles all economic development programs and initiatives at the State level.
- PortKC: an independent redevelopment agency providing tax abatement and tax redirection focused around large scale industrial and riverfront redevelopment properties.
- Kansas City Area Development Council: The Kansas City Area Development Council serves as a business attraction, outreach, and marketing organization for the entire Kansas City metro region.
- Mid-America Regional Council: The Mid-America Regional Council serves the nine-county Kansas City metropolitan area, which includes 119 separate city governments, in order to promote collaboration and joint efforts among various regional entities.
- Economic Development Corporation of Kansas City, Missouri: The EDC provides staffing and support for various programs, initiatives, boards, and incentive agencies. Designated as the primary economic development arm of the City of Kansas City, the Economic Development Corporation has two main focuses: business attraction and expansion, and development. For more information regarding specific incentive agencies, click here.
County Economic Development Agencies:
- Platte County Economic Development
- Clay County Economic Development
- Jackson County Economic Development
- Cass County Economic Development
Cooperative City Departments:
Multiple city departments work together on economic development efforts. Below is a list of some (but not all!) of the groups we collaborate with: