The City is starting the planning process for the Hickman Mills Area Plan in early 2019. Area plans recommend strategies to help realize a community’s long-term vision for the future and provide a comprehensive framework to guide public decisions on land use, housing, public improvements, community development, and city services. The Hickman Mills Area Plan, adopted in 2007, is still the plan of record for the area.
- Find the Public Meeting # 2 presentation and meeting displays from the August 21, 2019 Meeting here:
- The first Hickman Mills Area Plan 2019 Update Public Meeting was on June 27th and you can view the presentation from that meeting here: Hickman Mills Presentation Meeting # 1
- Feedback through online mapping - Use our interactive map to tell us about some of the best places in Hickman Mills and some that could be improved. Staff will use this information, along with additional public input to form recommendations and priorities in the plan.
- Feedback through online poll
- Map of Public Works projects - Want to learn more about active public improvements in the Hickman Mills area? Visit this interactive map from our Public Works Department.
- Data Book
- Sign up to receive email updates regarding the Hickman Mills Area Plan here: Email Update Sign Up
- Follow us on Twitter @kcmoplanning #HMAP2019
- AlertKC – AlertKC provides an efficient and secure way to send neighborhood-level information to residents who subscribe to the system. Sign up at kcmo.gov/alertkc to text message alerts about upcoming Public Meetings.
- Next Door – The City uses Nextdoor to share news, safety alerts, neighborhood events and services. Sign up at nextdoor.com.
*Have a neighborhood or community organization in the Hickman Mills area and want to learn more about the area planning process? Contact staff to request a presentation/ or to answer questions at an upcoming meeting in your neighborhood. Please contact Brian Jackson to set up a time and date.
Brian Jackson, Planner
Timothy Esparza, Planner