- Area Plans – Access Area Plans
- BZA – Board of Zoning Adjustment Schedule
- Building and Rehabilitation Code
- Citizen Permit History – Use Compass KC to search for permits.
- Citizen Satisfaction Survey – Let us know how we’re doing!
- City Maps – List of all online maps.
- CPC – City Plan Commission Schedule.
- Contractor Licensing – Info and forms for Contractors.
- Code Interpretations
- Codes – Codes and Ordinances.
- Compass KC
- Development Tracker – Find development projects near you.
- Email Inspection Requests – Online inspection requests.
- Fees – Find fee schedule and fee calculators.
- Information Bulletins – IB Index.
- Maps – Access online mapping parcel viewer.
- Permits – Access Building Permit Info.
- Records Request – Access City Planning and Development’s Public Records.
- Solar Panel Permits – View City’s Solar Energy Program.
- Zoning and Development Code
- Zoning Clearance Online Application
Building and Development Fee Schedule and Calculators
Calculators and fees related to the building permit process including building, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, elevator and fire protection permit fees.
Online Mapping (Online Parcel Viewer)
Explore our GIS mapping tool used to find information about zoning, projects, platting, parcel information, neighborhood information and much more.
Submit plans and supporting documents electronically for specified project types with Compass KC.
Zoning and Development Code
Welcome to ZoningPlus a user-friendly, online way to view the City’s zoning and development code. The application features direct links within the text, the guide, and a link from the GIS zoning map to ZoningPlus
Welcome to Municode the City’s online resource to find building code and ordinance information.
Building and Rehabilitation Code
The Kansas City Building and Rehabilitation Code outlines the minimum requirements for construction within the City of Kansas City, Missouri.
Interpretations of the Kansas City building and rehabilitation code.
Information and standards documents with forms and applications for various development functions. Search functionality is available within the open data site for more detailed searches.
Zoning Clearance for Business License Online Application
Submit this online application for zoning clearance for a business license. If it is determined that rezoning or zoning variances are necessary contact (816) 513-1500 to speak with a staff member.
City maps (capital improvement projects, districts and more).