The Division is the primary field enforcement agency for all permitted construction activity on private property. The staff works to ensure that buildings, structures, and building service equipment are constructed or installed according to the minimum standards set forth in the building codes.
Important: The new cut-off time for next-day building permit inspection requests is 4:00 PM.
Online Inspection Scheduling – You will receive a confirmation email when you have been scheduled.
For example, requests received prior to 4:00 PM on June 16 will be scheduled for Monday, June 19. Requests received after 4:00 PM on June 16 will be scheduled for Tuesday, June 20. The cut-off time for eligible same-day priority 2-hour inspections remains 1:00 PM.
- Schedule an inspection using the city’s new system - Compass KC.
- Request an inspection by email – Use this option to schedule an inspection online. You will receive a confirmation email when your inspection has been scheduled.
- Inspection request by fax – Applicants may request an inspection via fax with the following fax form sent to (816) 513-1536.
- Find complete inspection history and other permit information on Compass KC.
- Inspection information for one and two family dwellings IB104.
- Optional building certification program IB102.
You can reach Inspection Division customer service staff on the 5th floor of City Hall. To schedule an inspection call (816) 513-1500 and choose Option 3, SubOption 1. You can also schedule after hours at Compass KC. The Division has several Online Options to serve our customers. Please see our Online Options below.
Commitment to Customer Service
The Division is committed to responding to most inspection requests within 24 hours. To further assist the construction community, the Division responds to certain inspection requests within two hours for the following:
- Commercial and residential footing inspections
- Residential foundation walls
- Garage slabs and basement slabs
- Masonry fireplace throat inspections
To contact a supervisor, call (816) 513-1568.