For Records Requests Related to Any City Department:
Have a request for records that DO NOT relate to City Planning and Development issues? Please fill out this form: Online Sunshine Request Form
*Please note, City Planning and Development does not keep records on information related to hazardous materials, fuel storage, asbestos and other records pertaining to environmental issues. These records may be available from other City Departments. Please use the Online Sunshine Request Form form to access those records.
For Records Requests related to City Planning and Development Only:
- Read the CPD Records Request guide below for different requirements for records requested BEFORE you submit your request.
- Download and complete the fillable CPD Records Request Form and email it to email@example.com. Please note this records request address and form is only for City Planning and Development Department records.
CPD Records Request Guide:
Zoning Compliance Letter
- CPD offers a Zoning Compliance Letter – The Zoning Compliance Letter provides the following parcel information:
- Zoning Use and Zoning Violations
- Building code violations
- Permits records
- Certificate of Occupancy
- The fee for a Zoning Compliance Letter is $143.00. The turnaround time is 15 working days from receipt of the request letter and fee. The fee is per parcel requested. Please email your records request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the issues you want addressed in the letter, the agency to whom the letter is to be addressed and the e-mail to whom a copy is to be sent upon completion of processing the letter. CPD Staff will email you a credit card authorization form and upon receipt of the fee, your request will be filled.
Certificate of Occupancy
- CPD also keeps Certificate of Occupancy records. The Certificate of Occupancy (CICO) provides the following information about a parcel or project:
- Project area and height
- Occupancy group and construction type
- Zoning district and code information
- Building permits
- Other permits associated with the property
- The fee for a copy of a previously issued CICO is $33.00. In addition to the $33.00 charge for the certificate, there is also a charge for labor and copies requested You can submit your request by email at email@example.com. CPD Staff will email you a credit card authorization form and upon receipt of the fee, your request will be filled.