The Environmental Health Services division includes a variety of programs to monitor and reduce factors in the environment that affect health and may lead to disease.
In addition to the services below, EHS responds to complaints, fires, natural disasters, truck wrecks, emergency calls and other investigations that could impact the environment and pose health risks to people in Kansas City.
Food Safety Program
- Opening a restaurant or other food establishment in KC
- Food permits for mobile units
- Food handler permit card
- Online food handler training
- File a complaint about a restaurant or food vendor
- Restaurant inspection results
- File a complaint about a hotel or motel
Pools and Lodging
Air Quality Program
Rat Control Program
- Free rat control services for people living in owner occupied homes. It also provides rat control in sewers, vacant lots, vacant homes and City construction sites.
- Report rat infestation in any of these areas at 311 or directly at 816-513-6010.