Use the business license search tool to find out if a person or business has a current business license with the City of Kansas City, Missouri. You can search for business or professional licenses by:
- Legal name and/or DBA (“doing business as”) name, if one is provided
- Business address
- Type of business
All persons (sole proprietors, partnerships, and corporations) who conduct business in Kansas City, Mo., must obtain a business license for that activity. A license is valid for the calendar year in which it is issued. Business licenses expire on December 31 of each year.
This database is updated weekly and provides only current-year business license information for businesses that are considered “currently licensed” by the City of Kansas City, Missouri. “Currently licensed” means the business has been issued a business license for the current year.
- When searching by name, address, or description, you don’t have to enter the full text. You can search on any part of it. For example, if you were searching for the XYZ Chili Shack, you could enter “chili” or “chili shack” or even “xy” and find it.
- When searching by name, please verify the legal name for the business. Business licenses are issued under legal names and DBA names.
- If you search by business address and find no match, try searching by name. If you search by name and find no match, try searching by the business address.
- When searching by address, try entering just the house number or street name.
- The search will only provide information about business licenses issued by the Revenue Division. You can verify whether a business is registered with a state agency below:
For more information about Kansas City, Missouri business licenses, please contact the Business License Section at (816) 513-1135.