Keys hanging in door lock of home

Tax Guide for Rental Businesses

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
This guide is intended for use by businesses that have real property for rent in Kansas City, Mo.

Rental businesses must be registered and licensed to do business in Kansas City, Missouri. The first step is to submit a Registration Application (Form RD-100).

Form RD-100 can be submitted electronically on Quick Tax or in person to the City’s Business License Office at 1118 Oak Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64106. Commercial properties must obtain a Zoning Clearance. Residential properties must be registered through the Health Department's Healthy Homes Program

Once the application is processed, the appropriate tax accounts will be created and you will receive a notice listing your account numbers to reference on returns you file and when communicating with the Revenue Division.