The KCMO Fire Department (KCFD) is currently accepting interest card submissions. The next estimated time line for accepting job applications will be in January 2021. The following are anticipated minimum qualifications to apply for the position of firefighter.
- You must be a Kansas City, Missouri resident who lives within Kansas City, Missouri city limits.
- You must be 18 years of age by close of application period.
- You must not have turned 30 years of age prior to close of application period.
- You must be a high school graduate (or possess a state-issued GED/HiSET).
- You must possess a valid Missouri driver’s license at time of application and appointment.
- Preference may be given to Paramedics
- Minorities, women and active military personnel are encouraged to apply.
Please enter the following information and click the Submit button. Your name will be entered into the Fire Department’s recruitment database. Once open application begins, you will be notified by email. Email communication will be the only method used to contact candidates.
Please, only one submission per person.
Asterisks (*) denote required fields.
Thank you for your interest in the KCMO Fire Department.