Yes. There are free monthly pre-certification workshops conducted by the Procurement Services Division and Human Relations Department that cover MBE/WBE/SLBE certification and supplier registration. The MWDBE certification workshop is held on the last Tuesday of the month at 1 p.m., on the 4th floor in City Hall in the Human Relations Department. The SLBE certification workshop is held on the first Tuesday of each month at 1 p.m., on the 4th floor in City Hall in the Human Relations Department.
For more information or to register for either workshop, please call (816) 513-1836.
To register online for MWDBE or SLBE application, go to the MWDBE Directory, click on Login (right side) to apply online. Existing MWDBE and SLBE’s can renew their certification as well once an account has been set up.
- iOS users – go to App Search and type in KCMO online contract ad search.
- Android users – go to Play Store, click Apps, type in KCMO online contract ad search.
The Procurement Services Division issues Service Contracts, Design Professional Contracts, Small Construction Contracts, Cooperative Agreements, Facility Repair, Commodity, and Small Local Business Enterprise contracts.
Yes. There are MWDBE goal requirements for Professional Services and other services when the estimated cost shall exceed $117,000; and for Constructions contracts when the estimated cost shall exceed $300,000. For MWDBE certification, contact the Human Relations Department at (816) 513-1836.
Yes. To update your profile, contact Procurement Services by email or call (816) 513-0850 with address, e-mail, contact name, and commodity code changes. To upgrade your M/WBE/SLBE profile please contact the Human Relations Department at (816) 513-1810.
ow can MWDBE/SLBE firms be proactive in seeking business opportunities with the City of Kansas City?
It is important to attend pre-bid meetings to network and market your company to the Prime Contractors, check the City’s Online Contract Advertising Search application for upcoming bid opportunities, and utilize the services offered by the Supplier Relations Coordinator and the Senior Buyers in the Procurement Services Division. We are here to help you!
Yes. You can request a copy of the contract from the Procurement Services Division at (816) 513-0850.
Where can all Construction Projects and Professional Design projects be found and how can I be notified when these projects are being issued?
- Business specific checklists of the steps necessary to open for business.
- Information & referrals to City departments, agencies & partnering organizations involved in regulation/assistance to business.
- Advocacy between businesses & City departments to coordinate business-related ability to grow.
- Public access to City computers, allow customers to look up property & zoning information, access records, etc.
- Guidance & assistance for businesses in understanding & navigating the City’s regulatory licensing, permitting and approval process.