How to Contact Aim4Peace
- (816) 352-3069 (the 24-hour emergency/peace line)
- (816) 513-7902 (for questions)
- Aim4Peace Facebook Page
- Aim4Peace (Aim for Peace) is a public health approach to reduce shootings and homicides and reverse the violence epidemic in Kansas City, MO.
- Aim4Peace focuses on the neighborhood factors that most often contribute to violence, helping those who are considered at highest risk of committing offenses due to their living or employment situation.
Aim4Peace ( Aim for Peace ) works to reverse the violence epidemic in Kansas City, Missouri with:
Aim4Peace Hospital Prevention Program (816-352-3069)
What we do:
- Respond to gunshot and violence-related trauma situations
- Intervene in conflicts and aim to prevent further violence
- Work with emergency department staff
- Reach out to community members at risk of being involved in future violence
Aim4Peace Life Skills Learning Program (816-513-7902)
What we do:
Offer community and school-based courses to:
- Prevent school delinquency and drop-outs
- Teach life skills (Available to grades 5-12 & ages 19-40)
- Caution about the dangers of gangs and/or street organizations
- Provide personal development opportunities
Aim4Peace Community Courses (816-513-7902)
- Job Readiness programs
- Helps participants prepare for obstacles in workforce
- Provides tips for keeping the job
- Aim4Peace Anger Management programs
- Focuses on problem-solving, communication skills, personal qualities, money management and work ethics
*Both Anger Management and Job Readiness are four-week courses held every month and are open to the community.
Job Fair Initiative (816-513-7902)
What we do:
- Connect job-seekers with employers and/or educational opportunities to learn a skill or trade
- Build resumes and practice interviewing skills
- Link residents to local social service agencies and housing assistance
*Aim4Peace has helped more than 400 residents seeking employment
We also provide:
- Plan of action to help you step out of a high-risk lifestyle with one-on-one, customized case management
- Workforce counseling
- Youth, adult and parent mentoring
- Human and social support services
- Transportation to classes, job interviews and employment
- Employment resources and educational institutions
- Advocacy and support
- Highly-trained violence interrupters and outreach staff
- Public education campaigns
- Neighborhood Action Teams
- Community mobilization
The Aim4Peace program began in 2008 and was originally based on the Ceasefire: Stop the Shooting project in Chicago. Though Aim4Peace currently focuses on the Police Department’s East Patrol Division, with continued success the plan will be implemented throughout the City. Aim4Peace is committed to making neighborhoods safer. Read our brochure.
- The U.S. Department of Justice awarded Aim4Peace with a three-year $1.2 million grant in September 2013. The grant will provide resources to allow Aim4Peace to expand its services into new neighborhoods.
- In 2011, the National Association of County and City Health Officials recognized Aim4Peace as a Promising Practice.
- Aim4Peace Poster Presentation
To Make a Donation
Though Aim4Peace is funded through grants and the City budget, sponsorship and donations are appreciated. To ensure that all charitable donations are accurately tracked, please mail all donations to:
Mid-America Regional Council
ATTN: Aim4Peace Fund
600 Broadway Blvd., Suite 200
Kansas City, MO 64105-1659
The Mid-America Regional Council is a public not-for-profit organization formed to support cities and counties in the Kansas City metropolitan area. The IRS has determined that contributions to MARC are considered charitable for tax purposes.