Food Permit Steps
- Return completed application at least 30 days prior to planned opening date.
- All fees are due at the pre-opening inspection with a check or money order payable to the City Treasurer. No cash accepted.
- Permit fees vary according to length of operation and can be found in the Food Establishment Fee Schedule.
Kansas City, Mo., Health Department
Environmental Public Health Program
2400 Troost Ave.
Kansas City, MO, 64108
Schedule a Pre-Inspection
Inspection does not guarantee a permit.
- Mobile Food Unit Permit Application
- Pushcart Food Permit Application
- Seasonal Retail Vendor Permit Application
- Temporary Food Permit Application
- Catering Food Service Permit Application
- Outdoor Smoker, Grill or BBQ Permit Application
- Farmers Market Vendor Permit Application
- Food Sampling Permit Application
- Outdoor Event Permit Application for Large Outdoor Events
Brochures and Documents
- Brochure: Food Handler Protocols for Bartenders
- Consumer Advisory Guidelines
- Consumer Advisory Guidelines for Seafood
- Employee Health Guide
- Applicant and Employee Health Interview Form
- Food Employee Reporting Agreement
- Commissary Agreement for Pushcarts and Mobile Units
- Commissary Log for Pushcarts and Mobile Units
- Mobile Food Unit Guidelines Brochure
- Mobile Food Unit Info Booklet
- Plan Review Audit Form
- Plan Review Information
- Push Cart Unit Info Booklet
- Route Sheet for Push Carts and Mobile Units
- Temporary Food Event Operating Brochure
- Requirements for Outdoor Smokers or Grills
- Farmers Market Permit FAQ
- Sampling Permit FAQ
Permit fees vary according to length of operation and can be found in the Food Establishment Fee Schedule.