How to Get Tested for Tuberculosis (TB) if Required by Your Job or School
- Please cancel your appointment if you have a fever, new onset of cough, and/or if you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- In order to maintain physical distancing, no additional guests will be allowed in the clinic.
- Clients must wear a mask while inside the Kansas City, Missouri Health Department.
TB Skin Tests
- Call: (816) 513-6108 to schedule an appointment.
- Due to COVID-19 the Health Department no longer accepts walk-ins
- Appointment times:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday | 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (except holidays)
- $25 for walk-in TB skin testing ($10 additional charge for non KCMO residents)
To Get Blood Drawn (T-Spot)
- Call: (816) 513-6108 to schedule an appointment (no walk-ins.)
- Cost: $100 ($10 additional charge for non KCMO residents)
TB Treatment Clinic
- Call: (816) 513-6110
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday | 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM (except holidays)
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Kansas City Health Department
2400 Troost Ave., Suite 2600
Kansas City, MO 64110
The TB Treatment Clinic Is for:
- Individuals who have active TB disease
- Individuals who have a positive TB skin or blood test
- Individuals who have been exposed to people with TB
What You Should Know About Tuberculosis:
- Active TB is an infectious disease that is usually caused by bacterium in the lungs.
- TB can affect other parts of the body as well.
- TB can be easily spread through the air by coughing and sneezing.
- Chronic cough
- Hemoptysis (coughing up blood)
- Night sweats
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss