- The SLBE and MWDBE monthly training workshops normally held on the 2nd Tuesday and 4th Thursday of the month are canceled until further notice.
- The Human Rights Commission, Fairness in Construction Board (FICB) and Construction Workforce Board will meet by teleconference until further notice.
- Businesses are strongly encouraged to submit new and renewal applications for MWDBE/SLBE/WSD-EPS Certifications online or via email.
If your business currently utilizes the City’s online certification system, there is no need to do anything different. However, for businesses that normally submit their renewal application in person or by U.S. Mail, we strongly encourage those businesses whose certifications will be expiring within 90 days, to submit renewal applications via the website by creating an on-line profile at https://kcmohrd.mwdbe.com/?TN=kcmohrd or by sending the documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitting new or renewal applications on-line or via email is the best way to ensure timely receipt.
The City of Kansas City, Missouri, has established a new DBE goal (20.07%) on all Federally-funded contracts for FFY 2020-2022. The City will take comments and questions for the next 30 days. If you have questions or would like to comment, please contact the Human Relations Department at:
City of Kansas City, Missouri
Human Relations Department
414 East 12th, 4th Floor
Kansas City, Missour 64106
816-513-1836 (TTY 711)
Our office addresses:
- Affirmative Action
- Civil Rights
- Construction Workforce
- 2019 Construction Workforce Disparity Study
- Human Relations Commission
- Minority, Women or Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (MWDBE)
- Prevailing Wage
- Section 3
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE)
We Support Fairness and Equality
Civil Rights Discrimination, MWDBE, SBE, Section 3, SLBE, and Prevailing Wage compliance ensures that good-faith efforts will be made to treat certification applicants, complainants, contractors, employees, respondents, and workers fairly and equally on certifications, discrimination complaints, and public contracts, without regard to their race, color, sex, religion, national origin or ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or age. Our department continues to support complainants who file employment and public accommodation complaints to ensure we are protecting KCMO citizens against discrimination.
Learn more about our programs via the Minority / Women Business Enterprise Annual Reports:
Fostering Growth & Development
We strive to meet the needs of our communities with fair practices and incentive programs that ensure opportunities for minority, women and disadvantaged-owned businesses and small local business enterprises.
Check out the Job Opportunities at the KCI Airport.
Ready to take your business to the next level? Apply for an MWDBE, ACDBE, and SLBE certification.
- Apprenticeship and Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programs
- B2Gnow / MWBE / Section 3 Management Reporting System
- For Change Initiative
- HRD Customer Service Satisfaction Survey
- Lending and Cash Flow Assistance from Lead Bank-Kansas City
- Missouri Department of Transportation DBE Lookup
- MWDBE Management System Directory
- eComply Solutions
- U.S. Department of Transportation, 49 CFR, Part 26
KC Streetcar Title VI
KCMO operates the Streetcar Programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act.
Public Notice to Beneficiaries of Title VI of Rights
To file a discrimination complaint regarding the KC Streetcar, please call (816) 513-1836, (TTY: 711), email email@example.com, or visit our office at City Hall, Human Relations Department, 414 E. 12th St., 4th Floor East, Kansas City, MO 64106.
Title VI Complaint Procedures and Forms
Or a complainant may file their discrimination complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor – TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590.
Title VI Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Plan
The City of Kansas City, Missouri has a Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Plan that is available free of charge.
Learn more about Title VI LEP Plan: