The Prevailing Wage Section is responsible for monitoring, compliance, enforcement, oversight, training and assisting contractors with prevailing wage, Minority, Women and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (MWDBE), and Section 3 requirements.
Prevailing Wage Resources
- HUD Laws
- Prevailing Wage FAQs
- Missouri Prevailing Wage Laws
- MWDBE Ordinances
- Prevailing Wage Laws
- Minority and Women Organizations
- Prevailing Wage Section uses a prevailing wage reporting system called eComply to monitor City contracts.
- Ensure that construction workers receive prevailing wages by observing their work environment, which includes taking pictures of the work site, conducting worker interviews and auditing payroll reports.
- Protect low-income persons in the City by ensuring that contractors meet all federal, state and local Section 3 requirements.
- Ensure that all City-funded construction projects have required postings, including an EEO statement, OSHA 300 log, OSHA safety poster #3165 or #2203 and a health and safety plan.
- Assist construction workers by conducting interviews and responding to complaints.
- Provide guidance and support services to contractors by promoting proactive monitoring, establishing a rapport, and keeping an open dialogue between the City’s staff and the contractor.
- Train contractors on how to use eComply, prevailing wage compliance system.
Learn more about contract prevailing wage compliance or to request training, please call (816) 513-1836.