The Retirement Division within the City’s Human Resources Department administers the Employees’ Retirement System and the Firefighters’ Pension System. These mandatory participation plans provide a retirement benefit for all full-time City employees and firefighters.
The plans are established by City ordinances enacted by the City Council and strive to provide retirement and survivor income in the most efficient manner possible. Financing of these systems is provided from employee contributions, investment earnings and City contributions.
Employees may elect to participate in the City’s 457 deferred compensation plan, administered by the Human Resources Director’s Office, which is a voluntary contribution plan that provides a benefit based on accumulated employee contributions to the plan and any investment gains or losses.
The City also provides access for retirees and their dependents to City sponsored health, dental, vision, and long-term care insurance.
- Retiree Open Enrollment
- Retiree Resources
- Retiree Insurance Plans
- Retiree How to Locate Humana Dentists
- Retirement Info Forms
- Retiree FAQ
- Retiree Wellness Program
City Hall, 10th floor, room 1002
414 E. 12th St.
Kansas City, MO 64106
Phone: (816) 513-1928
Fax: (816) 513-1280
- 2018 Auditors Report & Financial Statement - Employees’ Retirement System
- 2018 Auditors Report & Financial Statement - Firefighters Pension System
- 2017 Auditors Report & Financial Statement - Employees’ Retirement System
- 2017 Auditors Report & Financial Statement - Firefighters’ Pension System