2020 – 2021 RETIREE OPEN ENROLLMENT
MARCH 9, 2020 – MARCH 20, 2020
INSURANCE ELECTIONS MADE DURING THIS TIMEFRAME WILL BE EFFECTIVE FOR THE PLAN YEAR FROM MAY 1, 2020 – APRIL 30, 2021
If you do not make changes to your health, dental or vision coverage or cancel coverage, you will automatically be re-enrolled in the same plans for the 2020 – 2021 plan year.
See the 2020 Open Enrollment Notification Letter for details and instructions on enrolling
See the 2020 Open Enrollment Meetings Calendar for scheduled retiree open enrollment meetings
If you cannot attend one of the retiree open enrollment meetings and/or do not have internet access, you may call the Blue Connect Concierge Service toll free at 1-833-275-5112 or 1-816-395-3380 to assist you with the enrollment process. Blue Connect representatives will be available from 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday, from March 9 - March 20.
See the presentation on the Blue Cross health and dental plans from the retiree open enrollment meetings.
The following insurance plans will be available to retirees for the 2020 – 2021 plan year:
1. Blue-Care HMO (Base) – All Kansas City area retirees
2. Blue-Care HMO (Mid-Level) All Kansas City area retirees
3. Blue-Care HMO (Premium) – All Kansas City area retirees
4. Preferred-Care Blue PPO - All Retirees
5. 2020-2021 St. Luke’s/Blue Select Plus EPO – All Retirees
6. Spira Care/Blue Select Plus EPO– All Retirees
7. Blue Select Plus EPO Premium– All Retirees
DENTAL – click here for 2020-2021 dental insurance rates
Additional VSP features:
- Enhanced Featured Frame Allowance
- VSP Diabetic Eyecare Plus Program
- VSP Eyeconic Online Eyewear Store
- VSP Exclusive Member Extra with TruHearing
You may contact your City of Kansas City, Missouri dedicated benefits specialist at Blue Medicare Advantage at 816-360-1059, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, if you have benefit coverage questions.
FOUNTAIN OF HEALTH