Tax Lawsuit FAQ

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

What to do if you have been served with a tax lawsuit

If you have been served with a lawsuit regarding delinquent City tax, the Revenue Division can no longer be contacted to resolve your tax issue.  Our most frequently asked questions are listed below.  If you still have questions, you can contact our office at 816-513-3105 or by email.
  • Tax Collections

    • What is the earnings tax?

    • How can I tell if the taxes were withheld?

    • Why do you think I owe the tax?

    • Where are you located?

    • How can I pay?

    • Can I have a payment plan?

    • Can the amount I owe be reduced?

    • What if I don’t think I owe the tax?

    • What if I can’t make it to my court date?

    • What happens if I miss my court date?

    • Will a judgment affect my credit?

    • Can someone else contact your office on my behalf to resolve my case?

    • Why did I receive a letter from an outside/private attorney about my court case?

    • What if I already hired an attorney?

    • Do I owe for other tax years?

    • What is a garnishment?

    • Your garnishment froze my bank account. What can I do?

    • You are garnishing my wages. What can I do?

    • I previously filed bankruptcy and received a discharge. Why do I still owe taxes to the City?