First time continuances
You will be able to continue your first court appearance online or by phone in most Municipal Court cases.
Cases not eligible for continuances online or by phone
- Domestic violence cases
- Non-payable housing and animal violation cases
- Cases that were previously continued
- Cases that are beyond the first appearance
If your case is not eligible for a continuance online or by phone you may
- You may come to a walk-in docket before your next scheduled court date and request a continuance.
- You may send your continuance request to the court. Include your reason(s) and any supporting documents.
- The information will be presented to the judge to review.
- Please allow 2 to 3 business days for a response.
- It is the sole discretion of the judge whether to allow a continuance.
- The judge may decide not to continue your case.
- If your case is not continued you must appear at your scheduled court date.
- Failure to appear will result in failure to appear warrant.