Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

First time continuances 

You can continue your first court appearance one time only online or by phone in most Municipal Court cases.

Request a continuance online

Cases not eligible for continuances online or by phone

  • Domestic violence cases
  • Non-payable housing and animal violation cases
  • Cases that were previously continued
  • Cases that are beyond the first appearance

If your case is not eligible for a continuance online or by phone you may

  • Come to a walk-in docket before your next scheduled court date and request a continuance.
  • Send your continuance request to the court. Include your reason(s) and any supporting documents.
    • The information will be given to the judge to review.
    • Please allow 2 to 3 business days for a response.  
    • It is the sole discretion of the judge whether to allow a continuance.
    • The judge may decide not to continue your case.
    • If your case is not continued you must appear at your scheduled court date.
    • Failure to appear will result in failure to appear warrant