Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Where to post Municipal Court bonds

Bond Refunds

  • Come in person to the Violations Bureau on the 1st floor of our courthouse during business hours, with valid identification card such as a driver license, and fill out the bond refund voucher.
  • Cash bonds are returned to the defendant even if they were paid/posted by anther person like a relative or friend. Fines, court costs, restitution and fees will be deducted before the money is refunded.
    • If the defendant wants to assign the bond refund to another person or their attorney, the parties must come to the Violations Bureau with valid identification to complete the proper paperwork.
  • After the bond refund voucher has been filed, the refund will be mailed within 7-10 business days.
  • Keep your address updated. Refund checks are sent to the address we have on file.

Submit bond refund questions

What is a cash bond?

  • A cash bond means you must post the full amount of the bond with our court or at the police station. You cannot use a bonding company.

How to find a bonding company

  • The 16th Circuit Court of Jackson County website includes a list of bail bondsmen who have been approved for the purpose of signing various bail bonds as sureties and/or as attorneys-in-fact.
  • You must speak with the bonding company directly to determine the percentage of the bond they will charge.