Where to post Municipal Court bonds
- Posting bond at the Municipal Court is not available at this time due to COVID-19 considerations.
- Post bonds 24/7 at the Kansas City Police Department Division Stations
- When the case is disposed of the bond refund is processed automatically and mailed within 10 to 14 days to the defendant at the address on file and all fines, court costs, restitution and other fees owed will be deducted from the refund.
- Bonds on probation violations will not be refunded until the violation is resolved.
- If for some reason you must pick up your refund check in person you must show valid picture ID.
- Cash bonds are returned to the defendant even if they were paid/posted by another person like a relative or friend.
- If the defendant wants to assign the bond refund to another person or their attorney, the parties must come to the Violations Bureau with valid identification to complete the proper paperwork.
What is a cash bond?
- A cash bond means you must post the full amount of the bond with our court or at the police station. You cannot use a bonding company.
How to find a bonding company
- The 16th Circuit Court of Jackson County website includes a list of bail bondsmen who have been approved for the purpose of signing various bail bonds as sureties and/or as attorneys-in-fact.
- You must speak with the bonding company directly to determine the percentage of the bond they will charge.