We only can provide Kansas City, Missouri Municipal Court records. We cannot provide records from other courts.
The Municipal Court does not perform full criminal background checks. For a full criminal background check contact the Missouri Highway Patrol.
To request a court record:
You may need to include a copy of your ID or a release form from the defendant if the information you request includes a confidential record (see definition below).
- Download forms below. Save completed forms and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 3 business days for a response.
- Send message to court records or fax to 816-513-6782 or call 816-513-2700. Provide as much information about the records or information you are requesting.
- Use the forms available at security and place them in the drop box or return by mail to 511 E. 11th Street, Kansas City, MO 64106.
- You will receive a response within 3 business days but the actual production of the records may take longer.
- Municipal Court copy charges are $1.50 for the first page, $.10 for each additional page and $2 per case for certification. If you are requesting your own case record, fees may be waived.
- Records Request Form (English)
- Records Request Form (Spanish)
- Release of Confidential Records (English)
- Release of Confidential Records (Spanish)
Court records in cases that have been dismissed, nolle pros (dismissed by the prosecutor), resulted in acquittal or involve a completed suspended imposition of sentence (SIS) probation are confidential (non-public) records under Missouri Sunshine Law 610.105.
Confidential case records may be released to:
- The defendant
- The attorney record in the Municipal Court case
- Under exceptions authorized by law or order
- With a signed, notarized Release of Confidential Record from the defendant
Release of court records is subject to verification of identity.