- Online: open active and probation cases only.
- Contact 311
- Visit the Violations Bureau on the first floor of our courthouse at 511 E. 11th Street, Kansas City, MO 64106.
Access to Municipal Court records is governed by Missouri Supreme Court Operating Rule 2 along with relevant portions of the Missouri Sunshine Law, 610 RSMo
To request a court record either:
- Download forms below and submit completed forms to email@example.com
- Send message to court records or fax to 816-513-6782 or call 816-513-2700. Provide as much information about the records or information you are requesting.
- You will receive a response within three business days but the actual production of the records may take longer.
- Municipal Court copy charges are $1.50 for the first page, $.10 for each additional page and $2 per case for certification.
- Records Request Form (English)
- Records Request Form (Spanish)
- Release of Confidential Records (English)
- Release of Confidential Records (Spanish)
Court records in cases that have been dismissed, nolle pros (dismissed by the prosecutor), resulted in acquittal or involve a completed suspended imposition of sentence (SIS) probation are confidential (non-public) records under Missouri Sunshine Law 610.105.
Confidential case records may be released to:
- The defendant
- The attorney record in the Municipal Court case
- Under exceptions authorized by law or order
- With a signed, notarized release from the defendant
Release of court records is subject to verification of identity.