- Online: open active and probation cases only.
- Contact 311
- Visit the Violations Bureau on the first floor of our courthouse at 511 E. 11th Street, Kansas City, MO 64106.
To request a court record either:
- Download forms below and submit completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send message to court records or fax to 816-513-6782 or call 816-513-2700. Provide as much information about the records or information you are requesting.
- Come in person to the Violations Bureau on the 1st floor of our courthouse.
- You will receive a response within three business days but the actual production of the records may take longer.
- Municipal Court copy charges are $1.50 for the first page, $.10 for each additional page and $2 per case for certification.
- Records Request Form (English)
- Records Request Form (Spanish)
- Release of Confidential Records (English)
- Release of Confidential Records (Spanish)
Court records in cases that have been dismissed, nolle pros (dismissed by the prosecutor), resulted in acquittal or involve a completed suspended imposition of sentence (SIS) probation are confidential (non-public) records under Missouri Sunshine Law 610.105.
Confidential case records may be released to:
- The defendant
- The attorney record in the Municipal Court case
- Under exceptions authorized by law or order
- With a signed, notarized release from the defendant
Release of court records is subject to verification of identity.