If you plead guilty or are found guilty, you may face the following punishments or fines and court costs:
- Minor traffic violations—up to $225 total fine and costs.
- Property nuisance and zoning violations
- up to $200 total fine and costs for the first violation within 12 months;
- $275 for the second violation within 12 months;
- $350 for the third violation within 12 months and
- $450 for the fourth and any subsequent violation within 12 months.
- Most other municipal code violations have fines of up to a $500 fine plus costs. Some violations are punishable by up to a $1,000 fine plus costs.
Municipal Court fine schedule: Fines and court costs for cases that can be paid without going to court.
In addition to these fines and costs, certain violations may result in jail time. Such violations include any violation involving alcohol or drugs, violations endangering the health or welfare of others, or giving false information to a police officer. You may face up to 180 days in jail for each charge. It is possible the judge may suspend a jail sentence and place you on probation instead.