There are several home repair programs that are offered at no cost to low and moderate income households located within Kansas City, MO. The 2019 income limits are established annually by the United Stated Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) or other program funding sources.
Home Repair Programs
City Home Repair Program *NOTE: This program isn't accepting applications right now. Please check with other available homeowner home repair assistance programs listed below.
Please read ALL information below to confirm eligibility.
The City Home Repair Program
- is offered to single-family KCMO homeowners who have not received home repair services from the City within the last five years.
- does not service rental property, mobile homes, duplexes, etc.
Funding for the City Home Repair Program comes from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Program.
Program eligibility is determined by combining household income with a small percentage of the value of assets in accordance with Chapter 5 of the HUD regulations.
Four Community Development Corporations will again receive funding. These are:
- Northland Neighborhoods, Inc. Phone: 816-454-2000
- Westside Housing Org. Phone: 816-421-8048
- Ivanhoe Neighborhood Coalition Phone: 816-921-6611
- Neighborhood Housing Services Phone: 816-822-7703
A listing of what is considered income and assets may be reviewed on the application.
This program uses the HUD 2019 very low income (50%) and low (80%) income limits.
Work done under this program includes:
- Plumbing – main water lines, supply lines and water heater
- Plumbing – sewer mains and drain lines
- Electrical systems – service entrance and main panel, including updating existing branch circuits
- Barrier Removal – bathroom grab bars, handheld shower equipment, elevated toilet seats and toilet safety rails
- Roofs – Strip down and install new roofing materials
Mail the completed City Home Repair Program application to:
Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department
Housing and Community Development Division
4400 Blue Parkway, second floor
Kansas City, MO 64130
816 513-3200 (p) | 816 513-2808 (f)
In addition to this home repair program, the City offers a variety of other home repair programs to service the needs of single-family homeowners throughout Kansas City, Missouri. These include the Targeted Home Repair and Paint Program.
Program Manager: Roger Stewart | 816-513-3200 | 816-513-2808 (f) | firstname.lastname@example.org