The City offers several programs for neighborhood and civic groups to get involved in their community to remove blight and perform litter control. These programs include:
From May through October, neighborhood groups registered with the City can obtain dumpsters at a reduced cost. Registered neighborhoods can begin submitting request forms for dumpsters March 1, 2020. Dumpsters must be used for neighborhood clean-up events only. Funding for the dumpsters is limited; therefore, dumpsters are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost for each 40 cubic yard dumpster is $60.
General information guidelines for using the dumpsters:
- Dumpsters will be placed at the designated location before 8 a.m. and removed by 12 p.m. or whenever the dumpster is full. Please notify contractor when the dumpster is full.
- Dumpsters must be monitored until they are hauled away. This avoids illegal dumping
- Do not overload the dumpsters or allow materials to stick over the top
- Please clean the area after the dumpster has been removed
Leaf and brush dumpster guidelines:
- Only leaves and brush are allowed in the dumpster.
- Yard debris must be in a paper lawn bag or a cardboard box.
- Tree limbs can be up to 10″ in diameter and 6′ in length.
- Please do not place plastic bags or trash in the dumpster. The State of Missouri does not allow leaves and brush in the landfill.
Trash dumpster guidelines:
- Dumpsters are for common household trash only.
- Please do not place leaves and brush, tires, household hazardous waste or appliances in the dumpster.
This program provides blue bags, at no cost, to neighborhoods groups, civic organizations and residents desiring to perform litter control in the public right-of-way.
- Blue bags are available at no cost for litter control in the public right-of-way and cannot be used for personal use.
- Blue bags can be collected at one of the following CAN Centers:
- Blue Hills CAN Center-5309 Woodland Avenue, (816) 333-7232
- Blue Valley NA, CAN Center-1512 Van Brunt, (816) 949-9021
- Community Assistance Council-10901 Blue Ridge Boulevard, (816) 763-3277
- Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council-3700 Woodland Avenue, (816) 923-6611
- Marlborough Community Coalition-1809 E 80th St., (816) 304-2517
- Northland Neighborhoods, Inc.-4420 NW Chouteau Trafficway, (816) 825-4316
- Vineyard Neighborhood CAN-4301 E. 43rd St., (816) 921-5303
- Westside CAN-2130 Jefferson St., (816) 842-1298
Please contact Kansas City Crime Commission: http://kc-crime.org/adopt-a-street.