The City offers several programs for neighborhood and civic groups to get involved in their community to remove blight and perform litter control. These programs include:
From May through October, neighborhood groups registered with the City can obtain dumpsters at a reduced cost. Registered neighborhoods can begin submitting request forms for dumpsters March 1, 2020. Dumpsters must be used for neighborhood clean-up events only. Funding for the dumpsters is limited; therefore, dumpsters are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost for each 40 cubic yard dumpster is $60.
General information guidelines for using the dumpsters:
- Dumpsters will be placed at the designated location before 8 a.m. and removed by 12 p.m. or whenever the dumpster is full. Please notify contractor when the dumpster is full.
- Dumpsters must be monitored until they are hauled away. This avoids illegal dumping
- Do not overload the dumpsters or allow materials to stick over the top
- Please clean the area after the dumpster has been removed
Leaf and brush dumpster guidelines:
- Only leaves and brush are allowed in the dumpster.
- Yard debris must be in a paper lawn bag or a cardboard box.
- Tree limbs can be up to 10″ in diameter and 6′ in length.
- Please do not place plastic bags or trash in the dumpster. The State of Missouri does not allow leaves and brush in the landfill.
Trash dumpster guidelines:
- Dumpsters are for common household trash only.
- Please do not place leaves and brush, tires, household hazardous waste or appliances in the dumpster.
This program provides blue/yellow bags, at no cost, to neighborhoods groups, civic organizations and residents desiring to perform litter control in the public right-of-way.
- Blue bags are available at no cost for litter control in the public right-of-way and cannot be used for personal use.
- Blue/Yellow bags can be collected at one of the following CAN Centers:
- Blue Hills CAN Center-5309 Woodland Avenue, (816) 333-7232
- Blue Valley NA, CAN Center-1512 Van Brunt, (816) 949-9021
- Community Assistance Council-10901 Blue Ridge Boulevard, (816) 763-3277
- East 23rd Street PAC-1925 Hardesty, (816) 405-0195
- Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council-3700 Woodland Avenue, (816) 921-6611
- Marlborough Community Coalition-1809 E 80th St., (816) 304-2517
- Northland Neighborhoods, Inc.-4420 NW Chouteau Trafficway, (816) 825-4316
- Vineyard Neighborhood CAN-4301 E. 43rd St., (816) 921-5303
- Westside CAN-2130 Jefferson St., (816) 842-1298
Please contact Kansas City Crime Commission: http://kc-crime.org/adopt-a-street.