Landlord University is a training sponsored by the Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department of the City of Kansas City, Missouri. This training serves as a court ordered education tool for landlords to maintain compliance with city property, nuisance and illegal dumping ordinances.
What is the goal of Landlord University?
- Property Maintenance Violations (Chapter 56)
- Nuisance Violations (Chapter 48)
- Illegal Dumping (Chapter 62)
- Safe Harbor Program (Ordinance 180726)
- Healthy Homes Rental Inspection Program
- Applicant screening and avoiding fair housing issues
- Crisis resolution and the eviction process
Why should you attend Landlord University?
- Gain a better understanding of how local government functions
- Participate and interact with knowledgeable staff to better learn and understand how Neighborhoods and Housing Services operates
- Help improve the quality of life for Kansas City residents
- Build a livable, sustainable community
- Learn about volunteer opportunities in city government