Tow Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Tow Services Division works with the Kansas City, Mo. Police Department and surrounding municipalities to keep KCMO’s streets clear of abandoned, inoperable and unlicensed vehicles. Many of these vehicles are stolen property or in dangerous condition. Vehicles that are not claimed by the owner or held as evidence are auctioned off once a month. The Tow Lot is located at 7750 E. Front Street, Kansas City, Mo. 64120 and is open six days a week (except for City holidays). Hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM and Saturday, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Phone number is (816) 513-0688. The fax number is (816) 513-0698.

Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I Find a licensed, bonded and insured tow truck company?

Here is a list of City Approved Tow Services

  • How can I tell if my vehicle has been impounded?

    Check AutoReturn before driving to the Tow Lot.

  • Okay, my vehicle is at the Tow Lot. How do I reclaim it?

    You must bring the correct paperwork and form of payment to the Tow Lot during business hours to reclaim your vehicle.

  • How can I report that my vehicle was stolen?

    Contact the Police Department at 911.

  • How do I get a refund if I was improperly towed?

    You should visit the Tow Refund page for more information on tow and storage fee refunds.

  • What can I do about an abandoned or inoperable vehicle cluttering up my neighborhood?

    If it’s on the street or on private property, such as a driveway, call 311 and City inspectors will follow up.

  • When does the City host vehicle auctions?

    Vehicle auctions are held on the third Tuesday of each month at the Tow Lot, 7750 E. Front St. A list of vehicles scheduled for auction is available.

  • I’ve purchased an auction vehicle from the City. How do I title it?

    If you’ve purchased an auction vehicle, you may title it in three steps.

  • Who can answer my questions about vehicle registration, license plates and personal property tax on my vehicle?

    You should visit the Missouri Department of Revenue, which handles vehicle registration and license plates. Visit the State Tax Commission to learn how to pay your vehicle’s personal property tax.