A public vehicle auction is held ONLINE ONLY on the third Tuesday of each month to sell unclaimed vehicles, as well as surplus public fleet vehicles.
Requirements for Bidders
- There is a viewing day the second Tuesday of each month from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- All auctions are online. OAIAuctions.com
- All sales are final at 5 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month. Payments must be made via wire transfer or paid in cash at the tow lot by 4 p.m. the Thursday after the auction.
- Individuals who purchase more than nine vehicles may have until 4 p.m. on the Sunday following the auction to remove their vehicles.
- A $30 storage fee (per vehicle, per day) will be assessed for any vehicles left beyond these times.
Anyone who does not abide by these requirements may be barred from future auctions.
The City does not guarantee title to these vehicles. A bill of sale will be mailed to all purchasers within 30 days of the auction; a $10 fee will be charged for issuing a duplicate bill of sale. A guide for titling these vehicles has been prepared for your use.
Anyone wishing to purchase “salvage-only” vehicles will be required to provide proof of current salvage/dealer’s license at the time of auction registration.