How to Find Your Trash Day
- Access the Your Trash Day application. This will take you to a City mapping page.
- Enter your street address in the top address space as indicated. Hit the “enter” button on your keyboard. The map should appear with parcels and your address will be outlined in yellow.
- Look at the navigation on the left side of the map. About 10 rows down you will see a row that lists your trash day.
- If you need further assistance, please contact 311.
Regular Trash Days
- All eligible households receive one collection of residential trash each week, and each neighborhood is assigned a regular collection day, Monday - Friday.
- Trash must be placed at the curb no later than 7:00 AM on the collection day, but not before 3:00 PM on the previous day. For example, it your trash day is Wednesday, trash must be placed at the curb before 7:00 AM on Wednesday, but not before 3:00 PM on Tuesday.
- Crews begin collecting trash at 7:00 AM on each collection day. We recommend that trash be set out between 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM to reduce littering that results when animals get into trash bags.
- Note: Trash should be set out by 7:00 AM on your trash day; even if you have observed this guideline, trash is usually picked up later in the day. That’s because our crews sometimes have to deviate from their usual schedule.
- If a holiday falls during the week, trash and recycling collection takes place on the day following the holiday, and collection for the remaining days of the week also takes place one day later than usual. Friday trash is collected on Saturday during such weeks.
Here are some of the basics of our trash collection service:
- Eligible residences: Single-family homes, duplexes, and apartments or other housing units in buildings that contain six or fewer units get weekly residential trash collection and weekly curbside recycling service. Apartments, condominiums and townhouses that are in buildings containing seven or more units have trash service provided by the owner or manager
- Trash tags: We pick up two bags per week per eligible household without tags. If you have more than two bags, buy a tag for each additional bag. Note: There is a limit of two free bags and 10-11 tagged bags with a maximum weight of 500 lbs (assuming approx. 40 pounds per bag). Buy tags for $2.50 each at designated Westlake Ace Hardware and Price Chopper locations.
- The City will hold two week-long no-tag (“trash amnesty”) events per year. Residents may place up to 15 bags at the curb. Regular trash rules apply. No hazardous waste, bulky items or leaf and brush will be collected.
- What can and can’t be put out for collection.
- How to store and put out your trash: Use these useful tips.
Neighborhoods with contract trash service:
Several neighborhood associations contract for their own residential trash collection. Trash setout schedules and guidelines may be different in these areas.