Utility work and roadway construction require traffic control permits so city staff are aware of traffic impacts and work going on in our right-of-way.
Our permitting division generates reports based on traffic control permits submitted through Compass KC. We now have a mapping function live in the city's parcel viewer map to show where these active traffic control permits are located.
View the Street Closure Map layer now available on KCMO's Parcel Viewer.
- Once you have opened the parcel viewer, click the Projects pull-down tab
- Place a check mark next to Traffic Control Permits
- Click Projects again to minimize the projects menu
- Active Traffic Control Permits with street closures are marked in light green hash marks
- Future Traffic Control Permits with street closures are marked in orange hash marks
- This map refreshes every 10 minutes
It’s important to note that the map is showing permit timeframes listed in CompassKC. So if a permit expires and the applicant requests an extension for ongoing work, it’s possible the location would temporarily fall off the map until the permit timeframe is updated in CompassKC.
The map also does not show work occurring without a permit since it’s pulling from approved and future permits in CompassKC. Our utility inspectors are already using this tool in the field and we are optimistic this will help us track and cut down on work occurring without permits.