The Municipal Officials and Officers Ethics Commission is established by the City Charter. The City Council, with passage of a new Code of Ethics, expanded the original authority of the Ethics Commission. The Ethics Commission has the authority to render advisory opinions and conduct investigations involving city employees, elected officials, and members of boards and commissions in matters concerning:
- The City’s Code of Ethics
- The City’s Campaign Finance Ordinance
- City Administrative regulations governing ethical obligations of officials and employees
- Any other matter referred to it by the City Council
To file a complaint alleging a violation of the City’s Code of Ethics, the City’s campaign finance regulations or a City administrative regulation governing ethical obligations, please complete this form. Complaints may also be filed through the City’s Ethics Hotline at 1 (800) 340-3132.
For other issues involving city services, please contact 311.
City employees and officials can request an advisory opinion.
Advisory opinions may also be rendered to address possible conflicts of interest if a person assumes a public office or accepts employment with the City.
The Ethics Commission meets quarterly, but will schedule additional meetings when needed.
- Chair: Bill Geary (Term expires 5/22/22)
- First District Appointee: Carlose Estes (Term expires 8/22/20)
- Second District Appointee: D. Bryant King III (Term expires 5/22/22)
- Third District Appointee: Judy Gibson (Term expires 8/17/20)
- Fourth District Appointee: Michelle Stark Kaufman (term expires 4/27/20)
- Fifth District Appointee: Vacant
- Sixth District Appointee: Cat Larrison (Term expires 4/27/20)
To report a complaint, please complete this form.