About KC Green
The City of Kansas City, Mo. takes a view of sustainability which incorporates green programs into a broader triple bottom line approach that simultaneously promotes social equity, economic vitality and environmental quality.
What is KC Green?
KC Green is a volunteer effort of KCMO departments and employees. The KC Green initiative is made up of four Green Teams that work together to assist the city in meeting its view of sustainability.
Provide opportunities to educate, engage, and energize residents, staff, and businesses in the implementation of sustainability initiatives.
Identify, track, encourage, and support new green infrastructure capital projects in Kansas City.
Promote opportunities to encourage green solutions with focused policies and regulations.
Identify and pursue opportunities to reduce the consumption of resources and/or production of waste, both within City operations and the City as a whole.
Initiatives and Resources
- Neighborhood Recognition Program
- Sustainable Projects map
- Green Stormwater Infrastructure Story Map
- Green Stormwater Infrastructure Manual - August 2018: The Kansas City, Missouri Green Stormwater Infrastructure Manual (GSI Manual) covers how to implement green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) from the conceptual design phase, through detailed design, construction, initial establishment, and long-term maintenance.
- City Sustainability Dashboard
- Energy and Water Benchmarking